Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Krista's Blanket aka Nauvoo Pioneer Baby Blanket??

Ok, I won't spend much time talking because I am itching to just show you these pictures. I have to give a little background. My good friend from work, Krista, also crochets. Together, we work on fun stuff while we're at work. I told her about those 262 Lace Crochet Patterns, so with some old Red Heart cream-colored yarn from her grandmother, she chose a pattern and set to work!

This blanket is BEAUTIFUL. She did so well on choosing a good pattern, and not to mention that border! Whew! I never would have thought a big border would have made SUCH a difference! I can't stop gushing about this blanket. She says it reminds her of Nauvoo. It does remind me of a pioneer sort of blanket. I told her she needs to enter it into the State Fair, that's how great I think it is. She says she doesn't ever want to get rid of this blanket and I don't blame her. I asked if I could copy it and make my own, but at the same time, I'm almost afraid I couldn't do it justice! She said of course I could!

Now, we know the blanket isn't perfect. Come on, she was making this up as she went. But wow. Just...wow.

Now, feast your eyes, and enjoy! Don't drool too much on the computer!! (Oh and don't mind my poor camera skills)







Pretty, in't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment