Saturday, May 24, 2014

Lacy and Beautiful

I realize it has been a very long time since I have posted anything, but I'm here again and I wanted to share with you the last couple things that I have made recently. And you bet your bottom dollar I haven't stopped crocheting this whole time I haven't been blogging!

A couple friends at work are pregnant and both due in July, and of course I had to make them a blanket! Candice helped me choose the pattern because I was being indecisive and would have never been happy with the one I would have chosen. She did a really good job, too!

Carley:



Isn't this blanket gorgeous? I just LOVE the pattern, especially that edging. Carley's theme for baby girl is elephants, with grey and pink. I used I Love This Yarn, worsted weight, light gray and about 2 1/2 skeins. I used a J sized hook. I wanted it big and fluffy, just like an elephant! The ribbon is a light pink with a chevron pattern that is raised and shiny. I think this blanket turned out so great! She just loved it and everyone ooh'd and ahh'd over it.

Emily:



This time, I used a lighter sport-weight yarn because that is actually what the pattern called for. I used Baby Bee brand, I can't remember the name of the color, but it's got some nice sparkle to it! I used about 2 1/2 skeins as well. The hook was a G size. I chose a pink polka-dot ribbon because Emily love's polka dots! I was a bit disappointed with the size this blanket turned out to be, but I think it was only because I made Carley's first and had something to compare it to. It is still a very good sized blanket for a newborn, and nobody seemed to notice or care when they saw it. Emily loved it and everyone said it should be a blessing blanket! I am pleased overall with how it turned out!

Both blankets took me about 2-3 days to make. Actually, Emily's took a little longer only because I was upset with the size and didn't want to work on it, haha. For the ribbon, I used four strips and weaved them in. After tying the bow in each corner, I took a needle and white thread and tacked it down to the blanket. I didn't treat the ends of the ribbon for fraying, but I just told the girls that if the ribbons start to fray, they can use clear nail polish on the ends.

I just absolutely love to crochet, and I love to make blankets for people. Hats, newborn props, outfits, shoes....I'm ok with making them, but I really don't prefer them. I could make blankets over and over and over again. Right now, I'm particularly fond of granny square blankets and light/lacy-looking blankets. I've got one in the works that I'm really excited about right now! I'll post on that one when it's finished and shipped off to my friend. :)

Have a happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment