Saturday, February 2, 2013

Beautiful

I've never done this kind of crocheting before. I've always stuck with the simple, bulky-type looks. I've never ventured into the lace side of crochet before. Not that this is really lace, but it is closer than anything else I've ever done. I found this pattern on Pinterest and it can be found on this website www.garnstudio.com. The direct link is here. Anyway, it took me a couple practices to get this right. Before I had the yarn for the blanket I am going to make, I only had crochet thread. Which still worked out very nicely! Here is a sample of one of my practices. I did finally get the yarn and I'll hopefully be done with the blanket around Wednesday next week.

Isn't it beautiful??



And now I just can't help myself whenever I see a beautiful lace alter cover! I'll admit that I was a little focused on that during last night's session. But come on, haven't you ever wondered how those covers are made, too??

Also learning this makes me want to learn tatting. I wonder if I know anybody that can teach me...

No comments:

Post a Comment